My photo
New York, New York, United States
I'm a NYC gay Socialite, Model, Party Animal & Just Plain AWESOME!! #TeamBeackham

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Mariah Carey Helps Make Gay Marriage Proposal Possible



On Saturday night (October 10) during her show in Las Vegas, Mariah Carey brought two gay fans on stage, Maurie Sherman and Matthew Almedida, to assist in a surprise marriage proposal. Maurie explained to the crowd that several years ago, Matthew told him the only way he would allow Maurie to propose marriage is if he introduced Mathew to Mariah. So after a quick introduction, Maurie got down on one knee and proposed to Matthew with a candy ring.


As for making this magical moment happen, Maurie told the L.A. Times: I worked as hard as I can to make it happen. Everyone loved the idea. But no one made promises. I did not find out until five minutes before the concert started. Her security came over and talked to me. ‘I think we are going to do this. And, I think it will be during the show on stage.’ I did not know before that moment. But I came prepared. I dressed nicely and brought the candy ring in my pocket and made sure it didn’t break. Mathew had no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment