My photo
New York, New York, United States
I'm a NYC gay Socialite, Model, Party Animal & Just Plain AWESOME!! #TeamBeackham

Friday, October 2, 2009

Lloyd Defends Ciara Comments: I Said What I Said & I Stand By It


R&B singer Lloyd is standing by his comments about singer Ciara in a recent interview with Hip Hop Weekly. While he still believes Hollywood went to her head, he took to his blog to set the record straight that he respects and loves CiCi like family but “sometimes family are the only ones that will tell you the truth.”

Here's what else Lloyd had to say about the interview plus his phone called with Ciara...

Let’s set the record straight on my “Hollywood B*tches” comment in Hip Hop Weekly. I said what I said and I stand by it. But read exactly what I said, then judge me. The truth is, I don’t fuck with Hollywood B*tches (or Hollywood Ni**as for that matter). No, I’m not calling Ciara a b*tch, I’m saying that I think celebrity status changed her for the worse, and because of that, we don’t get down anymore.

Yesterday I spoke to CiCi for the first time in years. I called her to explain my comments and to let her know how I felt about the situation. We had a good one-on-one conversation that will remain between us. I respect and I love CiCi like family, but sometimes family are the only ones that will tell you the truth. I’m sure I could have found a better way to tell her, but what’s done is done. We’re moving on.

The funny thing is, this Ciara question was the last question in the HHW interview. At first, I lied and made up some answer to make it seem like we were still cool. But when I hung up the phone, I felt like I shoulda just kept it real, so I called back and answered the question honestly. Maybe a little too honestly. But fair is fair, if I start acting Hollywood, someone that knew me before the fame should call me out too. I wish CiCi the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment