My photo
New York, New York, United States
I'm a NYC gay Socialite, Model, Party Animal & Just Plain AWESOME!! #TeamBeackham

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Something To Think About: BE YOURSELF

Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation. We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves. Learn to be what you are, and learn to resign with a good grace all that you are not. Everything isn't for everybody. What works for 1 may not work for the other. Just be the best YOU that you can be. How can people really appreciate & love you if they don't know who YOU really are?

Just a sidebar, but as I was typing this I got a flash in my head from the movie "Just Friends." If you haven't seen it you should it's a good movie. But what was going through my head was the scene when Chris, played by Ryan Reynolds, is looking for his ice skates & he calls his mom to see if she knows where they are. Chris tell his mom he’s looking for his skates because he wanted to show his H.S. crush Jamie, played by Amy Smart, how good at ice skating he got & the mother tells him he should be himself. She then goes off singing "Be Yourself!, Be Yourself!, Be Yourself!"

Better yet I found the video.. check it out below.. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment